Who we are:
Working with us is more than a job! We are passionate about what we do. We are a family owned California-based company committed to reinventing airport dining. Our mission is to provide a unique dining experience with by providing great tasting food where travelers can relax and forget the hectic airport environment. High Flying Foods is a growing company that partners with exceptional local restaurateurs and offers opportunities to learn and grow within the industry.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations for our San Francisco International Airport. Some of the responsibilities of the Assistant Director of Operations are to direct the daily operations of a group of restaurants, ensure compliance with company standards in all areas of operations, including menu item production, preparation, customer relations, restaurant maintenance and repair, inventory management, team management, recruiting, financial accountability and ensure the highest quality of operations is delivered to our customers. This position reports to the Director of San Francisco Airport Operations.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years in an operational multi-unit management role within the Restaurant Industry.
- Restaurant General Manager candidates with 5 years experience will be considered
- Kitchen background and bar management is a plus
- Proficiency with point of sale, inventory control and employee scheduling
- Ability to plan, prioritize and delegate workload in a fast- paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Advanced math and computer skills
- ServSafe certified
- Able to work a flexible work schedule and meet business demands, including weekends and holidays
- Union experience a plus
Please Note: Previous experience in the restaurant industry is a must. Applicants with no restaurant experience will not be considered.
What we offer:
- Excellent work/life balance
- Competitive salary package,
- Company paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance + 401k plans
- Paid vacation, sick pay, paid parking & free meals
- Mentoring and development
**Must be able to pass a Criminal Records History Check and Security Threat Assessment (STA) to obtain an airport-issued badge and show proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.**