High Flying Foods is currently looking for a General Manager to complete its team for our Firewood Cafe concept in the Oakland International Airport. The General Manager is responsible for leading the management team in achieving the operational and financial goals of the restaurant. This is a hands on leadership position. We offer an extensive training program, a team-oriented environment and future opportunities for growth within a dynamic restaurant group.
• Leads management team in operating Firewood Café.
• Lead employee training, scheduling.
• Enforce restaurant standards, policies and procedures with staff.
• Customer and employee problem solving.
• Evaluate and manage inventory, purchasing supplies, and ensuring compliance with all food and beverage regulations.
• Full P& L responsibility
• Participates in facilitating the development and implementation of the annual budget, and works with the Operations team to ensure budgeted sales and profit goals are achieved.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum of 3 years of restaurant management experience.
• Bachelors Degree or the equivalent preferred.
• Food and service expertise.
• Proficiency with point of sale, inventory control and employee scheduling.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and delegate workload in a fast- paced environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Sound judgment and decision making skills.
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
• Ability to coach, train, discipline and mentor staff. • Advanced math and computer skills.
• Servsafe certified
• Able to work a flexible work schedule and meet business demands, including weekends and holidays.
• Competitive compensation package
• Work-life balance; managers enjoy working 40-45 hours per week
• Quarterly bonus program
• 100% company-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees
• Health flexible spending account
• Paid vacation
• Paid sick leave
• 401k program
• Extensive and well-rounded training program
• Continued development and opportunity for growth
• Company paid meals
• Company paid parking
• Management referral bonus program